It’s been a baking kind of day. One of my favorite things to do is make tasty treats in my kitchen as I not only enjoy the process I find it to be a big stress reliever in my life. It’s a bonus that all my kids love my baking too! Every day after school they ask for a snack of my own creation and by far their favorite is Banana Bread, loaded with Chocolate Chips!
I bake at least one loaf every week, sometimes two (like today) and a few weeks ago I actually made 4 loaves. Three of them we ate and the fourth went to the neighbor’s house. They love it too! So here is my recipe for Banana Banana Bread, enjoy!
Banana Banana Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt (optional)
1/3 cup Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9*5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs, mashed bananas, and (optional) sour cream/yogurt until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture in flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Fold in Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Enjoy! Great with butter, or toasted.